John Chase

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
snip------

I'm not saying that guns cause crime - admittedly in some cases they
enable it - but the trivial point that if you don't have the gun, you

can't

commit a crime with it.

Chuckle! That's what's wrong. That's flawed thinking.

The crime and the weapon of choice typically have nothing to do with one
another. So long as a person is hell bent on doing the wrong thing,
they'll come up with a method to execute their plan. No gun? How about a
fire bomb? No fire bomb? How about a syringe loaded with AIDS
contaminated blood? How about a screw driver? Hammer? Ball bat?
An automobile? The list is endless. Crime can't be controlled by
removing all the potential weapons. Hell, we'd all have to go around naked
if that were the case.

Rape?

-jc-