jim rozen

In article 2005011820121027590%deichles@yahoocom, Charles Morrill says...

Kept meaning to ask Mr. Sobel about that 20 percent discount if
you served in Burma during the great war, but never had the chance.

Give dave a call. If he said it, it's probably true.

Rudy Kouhoupt's absence was palpable. Everywhere you turned his
fans and admirers had brought the projects that he'd described over the
years. One builder had put his photo on an engine turned panel. He's
left a huge void. I found myself with some other guys talking to Clover
McKinley, editor of Live Steam, about it all. Turns out Rudy died very
much the way he had quietly lived.
"He had cleaned the dishes and neatly stacked them just the way
you might imagine Rudy always did everything. Then, he sat down in his
easy chair with a shawl around his shoulders and picked up the new
issue of Live Steam....That's the way they found him."

This sounds too poetic to be true - not saying it isn't, but
it's the first time I've heard of it.

Thanks for your impressions, posts like this bring back the old
flavor of rcm. I heard somebody (a dealer, perhaps) had a
small Elgin milling machine for sale at the show that did not
sell. Any recollection of it, or who might have had it for
sale?

Thanks - Jim

please reply to: