On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:20:24 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

ben carter wrote:
I recently was shopping around to have a product of mine manufactured.
Reality check:

To have it made in China with semi-skilled labor was $1.60 per hour.

The exact same job here was $21.00 per hour. You do the 2nd grade math...

The point was made to me if I like being able to afford the things I own
then they have to be made elsewhere. Period. No US manufacturer can
touch that. Most everything you own was made this way. Tough luck if
it's substandard.

First of all, I suspect this is a troll. *Everyone*
knows that virtually all of our small consumer goods
have been made in 3rd world countries for at least the
last 20 years. Now most of the large durable goods
and a fair amount of the parts that go into our cars
are being made there. It's a done deal and there
is no use whining about it.

It sounds to me like an inventor trying to bring a new product to
market. Unsophisticated, yes, but legitimate nonetheless.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.