On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:54:53 GMT, "EdFielder"
wrote:

Just as water will naturally find its own level, so do economics. Imagine
that we , in America ( small volume) are fortunate to live at a very high
economic level while most of the rest of the world ( large volume) live at a
low level held down by pressure. ( represented by totalitarian regimes,
primitive living conditions, religious practices etc.) If you open a hole
between them, the large volume will begin to flow up rapidly while the small
volume will drop slowly until they equalize. The real question is a moral
one- do we have some divine right to stay at the top and keep the rest of
the world on the bottom.

Obviously not. We've got to earn our value. But there are ways of
doing that -- at least in most cases. We just have to be smart enough,
quick enough and flexible enough to find them.

This applies to individuals as well as economies.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.