T i m

Default Garage supply and new meter?

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:33:11 +0000, Martin Warby
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 15:39:55 +0000, Owain wrote:

"T i m" wrote
| 1) We currently have a dual rate meter (E7 or similar) with a clock /
| switch feeding a second CU running the storage rads. Will we get a new
| dual rate meter controlled by radio and if so how will they deal with
| the external switch for the E7?

Your existing meter may already be switched by radio for the rate change,
and the timeswitch may only be controlling the off-peak CU, i.e. it's your
responsibility to not run your storage heaters on peak rate electricity.
If the timeswitch is controlling the rate change there will probably be a
pair of lightweight wires back to the meter as well as the heavyweight
meter tails to the CUs and the timeswitch will (should) be security
sealed.

If the timeswitch is not controlling the rate change then it will probably
be a simple job to pull the old meter off the base and pop the new one on,
i.e. the meter changer will not be doing any wiring at all.

Owain

When my meter was changed last yaer they fitted a digital meter,this meter
has a small wire coming from the timeswitch (this was left alone,it also
switches the storage heaters on/off) which controls which rate is being
charged

Hi Martin,

Ok let's hope they leave my timeswitch alone then .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m