Morris Dovey

ScRaPLeR wrote:

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:50:00 GMT, ScRaPLeR
wrote:

Have another question for you premo folks,, I am getting ready
to buy a router and table,,,, any recommendations on this or
should I buy a shaper instead...... and or should I buy fixed
base or plunge router..

Choice of router base depends on what you want to do. I got a
PC690 with both bases for freehand work and a DW (something, I
forget which model) with more power and variable speed for my
router table.

I got the Jessem table and fence and a RouterLift; and later
replaced the Jessem fence with an Incra Ultra. If I'd had a clue
(instead of a really pressing project) I'd have bought only the
Incra fence and built everything else - I'd have a setup I'd like
better /and/ have saved more cash than I like to think about.

I have a shaper that's gone unused since I added a router table
to the shop. I'd suggest waiting until/if you find that you
really need one. I'll predict that you won't.

also I have seen a lot of discussion on building your own
router table,,,, is this a better way than to buy one,, are
the ones on the market not good enough or what???

Visit the binary archives and take time to drool over what a
couple of the folks here have built themselves. There're a few
that make the best commercial offerings look pretty Spartan.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar