Default Logsplitters, designs or plans

We had a hurricane here a couple of weeks ago...
While cleaning up at parents and friends properties ( most of them look
something like this http://www.naeslund.dk/peter/foto/170105/page_01.htm ) I
got an idea to get or build a decent sized log splitter..

The Home Despot clones here sell some rather small 4 or 6 ton hydraulic
ones, but they seem a bit small for 40-50 cm diameter logs.. The other
option is paying a fortune for a logsplitter that mounts on a tractor...
Only problem with that is that someone would have to buy a tractor too :-)..

I scrounged a 10HP electric motor with a worm gear on it, have access to a
large machineshop and can stick, TIG and MIG weld if that gives anyone a
good idea?

Any input would be appreciated

/peter