Don Foreman

How many resistors do you plan to make? I have some projector
arclamp carbons, copper-clad, about .223 dia x 6" long. "As is" they
measure 6.23 milliohms end-to-end. (Kelvin bridge measurement:
millivolts with known 1000 mA flow) You could grind or etch (ferric
chloride) off some copper to get .033 ohms, probably in an inch or
two.

They can definitely "take the heat". I'd terminate with clamps of
some sort rather than soldering wires to the copper; the solder would
probably melt.

I'd be happy to send you one or two of them if you'd like. Email me
if interested.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:29:16 -0600, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

I'm trying to find the resistivity and tempco of stainless (presumably a 304
or so, whatever this 0.02" dia. lockwire is). I need to make some 0.033 ohm
power resistors cheaply and want to know how much they'll change once they
burn about 30W.

Tim