Joe AutoDrill

To have it made in China with semi-skilled labor was $1.60 per hour.

The exact same job here was $21.00 per hour. You do the 2nd grade math...

Did you figure in shipping your product from China to the US? Unless you
are talking ship-bound container service or an extremely expensive part,
it's a huge part of the cost to consider.

....If someone finds a cheap shipping method for 200# boxes or crates from
China, Tiawan, Vietnam, etc. that gets here in 2 weeks time or less, I'd
like to know about it. My unit's internal components could also be made
there but the overall cost is much higher!

I'll stick to US made products until the cost savings would simply mean bad
stewardship of my resources... And then I'd only consider something from
overseas if I thought I could somehow benefit the US by offering a good
product for significantly less so that those who get worse jobs here would
live better because of a cheaper product. ...Not likely, but always keep an
open mind, right?
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.