"That was me who is doing that. Even with no heat and no insulation my
house never got below 50 degrees even on really cold nights."

I'd like to hear more about what kind of heat you have, what kind of
house,
how big, where it's located, etc. It's hard to believe that in the
northeast
in winter, like now with it 17 outside as you indicated, you could get
by with
the furnace on for only about an hour during the early AM, have the
house remain
in the 60's during the day and only go down to 50 overnight. Or that
an hour
in the AM could bring it from 50 back to 70 under those conditions.

I could see this in maybe a condo, where you have common shared walls
on at
least a couple of sides, but can't see how it could work in a single
family house.