Alan

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Alan" wrote in message

"Phisherman" wrote in message
A more powerful fan should help remove moisture, but the fan needs to
run 20-30 minutes after bathing. A timer switch is good for this.
Another thought, you may have a leak inside the wall somewhere.

It's blistering everywhere- the closer to the shower, the more it
blisters,
so I doubt it's a leak. When the heat pump is off, we keep the blower on
keep the air moving. Just leaving the door open clears it out in 10-20
minutes. I was hoping the exhaust fan would suck out the moisture as it

is
generated.

Mine does, but it's a small bathroom, and the previous owner said he
installed a fan rated for a room twice the size. Considering the way it
performs, and the fact that it rattles the glassware in the kitchen, I

think
he did the right thing.

I would have loved to put in an even bigger fan, but this bathroom is off
the bedroom, and the fan is noisy enough as it is. They get pretty pricey if
you want a quiet, powerful fan.