Travis Jordan wrote:
wrote:
I am setting up a base station at my house. I will have a 440 mhz

yagi
and a 2 meter ground plane antenna. I am trying to figure out how

mount these on my roof. At the end of the house where my chimney is
would be perfect. It is a wood and viynle chimney, not brick. It is
not used. (No fires or gas logs.)

Would it be two much to mount a mast and two antennas on this?
I sometimes get high winds in the summer during thunder storms.

Assuming that the UHF yagi is a single yagi and not a big, rotatable

array
you shouldn't have any problems with wind loading. Just use a

wrap-around
chimney mount and a 10 foot mast. You can even get these at *ugh*
RadioShark.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=15%2D839

Even with two antennas on it? The two meter also? I have to soemhowe
keep these antennas at least 6 feet apart too.