Mike Marlow

"Silvan" wrote in message
Patriarch wrote:

Silvan wrote in
:

In working on the redesign of my shop, I'm planning some sort of
outfeed table. The table bit is obvious enough. I'm trying to think
what else to do with the space.

Postulate #1: Any horizontal space accumulates crap.

So live with that notion, and plan around it.

Am I the only one who had a sudden vision of that automatic cat pan with

the
little mechanical arm that combs through the box after the cat has taken a
dump? I could borrow some technology for that, and build a space that
cleans itself of crap at regular intervals. Then I'd have to remember

that
that tape measure/marking gauge/can of soda/glass jar/pile of razor
blades/whatever is in the collection bin on the side of that when I can't
find it.

Maybe I should patent the idea, and make one for workbenches too.

I think I'm more in favor of a simple solenoid actuated dump mechanism.
Easier to construct, lower maintenance over its life, and it will dump
everything in a convenient place to kick it around. Neat freaks could
always station a 33 gallon garbage can at the end of it. The rest of us
know that kicking it around, stepping over it and generally getting
frustrated with the mess is just part of the ritual.
--

-Mike-