jo4hn

Silvan wrote:
I'm looking toward the future of my shop, and I have a 14" bandsaw on the
list. I'm trying to sell it to myself. I'm looking at a 14",
specifically, because I'm a little tired of buying the little one and then
buying the big one two years later. Maybe I should even hold out for 16"
or larger.

/advice mode/ You want a bandsaw? Go buy a bandsaw. Life is short. As
long as baby has milk, or beer, or whatever baby drinks, the money is no
problem. I'm sure the wealthy Mr. Self will float you a loan. /advice off/

I have two bandsawrs, he gloated. The Delta 14" (a retirement "thank
God he's going away" gift) I use for resawing. The ancient Craftsman
12" (bought 30 years ago for $100) has a 3/16 blade and is used in
making kid toys. Great fun.

Look for something used that will suit you. But only for a month.
After that consult the Griz catalog, remembering to separate those pages
that got stuck together the last time you looked. Lotsa good stuff out
there. Go for it. You'll end up loving it and wondering what took you
so long or my name isn't J. Angus MacDougal.
mahalo,
J.