Upscale

"busbus" wrote in message
I know what you are talking about because I have one, too. The table
is not 27" deep and most of the after-market fences won't fit. I like
the saw and it does everything I need for it to do. I simply don't
have the space for a bigger saw. But I have the same concerns about

One aftermarket fence that doesn't depend on table width is the Excalibur
guide fence and rails. I put one on my Rockwell/Beaver tablesaw a number of
years go. Differing from many popular systems, the Excalibur rides on rails
attached to both sides of the fence and locks down on both sides. Because of
that the rear portion of the fence adjusts to match the table width exactly.
It is a big and long heavy fence and for a smaller table would definitely
hang out over the back of the saw. On nice feature of the fence is the two
parallel slots on the top of the fence which gives it the capability of
holding a jigs of different types utilizing T-slot nuts.

You might get a few comments that fastening down on both sides causes
alignment problems or some other such nonsense, but it doesn't if it's
calibrated properly, just like one should do with any tablesaw. When
calibrated properly, my fence on my contractor's saw cuts to better than
1/64" of an inch tolerances repeatedly.