Ian Stirling

Tim Williams wrote:
I'm trying to find the resistivity and tempco of stainless (presumably a 304
or so, whatever this 0.02" dia. lockwire is). I need to make some 0.033 ohm
power resistors cheaply and want to know how much they'll change once they
burn about 30W.

Firstly, you almost certainly don't want to do this.
If it's glowing red, it's corroding rapidly.
Does it need to be small?
1/33 ohm resistors, so about a volt and 30A.
I'd start with copper wire, say a meter.
IIRC copper has a resistivity of 3*10^-8 ohms/meter, so maybe 0.4mm.

How robust do these things need to be?
Enamelled copper wire in water can sustain quite high powers for a while.