jim rozen

In article , Harold & Susan Vordos says...

The other is swarf. The true definition is not the same as chips. When
you buy a CNC, it may include a chip removal system, but I have yet to read
of a swarf removing system, although you may find that a grinding machine
may offer swarf control.

We've done this one before Harold. The term is used differently in
different parts of the world. If you were from Ireland (as was the
instructor in one of my classes) you would indeed use the terms
'swarf' and 'chips' interchangeably.

Swarf also has meanings beyond the metalworking fields, btw.

Jim

please reply to: