Mike

"brugnospamsia" wrote in message
. uk...
Dear group,

It is my intention to replace my upstairs floors with chipboard, enabling

me
to re-use the boards downstairs for a sanded floor. As I will be improving
the ventilation under the ground floor, I hope to staple netting between

the
joists and insulate with 50mm of mineral wool.

I Googled for info on sealing draughts in non-tongue_and_groove and mostly
found the usual papier mache and solid wood fillets solutions.

I'm wondering if breathable roofing membrane directly under the boards

might
be a better solution
(or maybe used in place of netting to suspend the mineral wool ?)

I've used the foil covered Airtec stuff Screwfix sell as it forms a
condensation barrier as well. Also I used Kingspan instead of mineral wool
(second quality is fine in this application) rammed between the floorboards
as it insulates better.