Glenna Rose

writes:
Just FYI: It was on CNN tonight. The story is true - he's
recovering in Hospital. They even showed the x-rays. CNN thought it
was kind of a strange event "suicide", and the hospital is quoted as
saying "no". This is the second time in the past year, that someone
has come into their hospital with a nail embeded in their head and not
knowing it. Somehow they've ruled out "suicide" as the motive.

The newscast I saw, Saturday or Sunday, didn't even imply it was a suicide
attempt and apparently went into more detail as to how it happened than
what has been relayed here. It sounds to me like CNN picked it up
elsewhere and didn't bother to get the facts for themselves. That wouldn't
a unique incident. The way it was shown on the cast I saw sounded logical
with the nailgun backfiring. As I recall, they said it hit his jaw which
is why he didn't realize there was a nail but thought the pain was because
of being hit with the nailgun; after several days, he went in to get it
checked which is when it was found what happened. Though I wouldn't say
they didn't mention a dentist, I don't recall that but that he went to the
doctor. Perhaps someone took liberties with the story to make it sound
"better." I'll tell you for certain, I find this much more believable
than women going into labor with a full-term pregnancy and claiming they
didn't know they were pregnant!

This man would not be the first person who did not know he was carrying
metal around in his body from such a freak accident until days, sometimes
even years, after the fact.

Fact is stranger than fiction, no question about that. These things
really do happen, tragically.

On the lighter side, maybe he's related to Tim Taylor.

Glenna