Luigi Zanasi

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 02:43:43 -0500, Silvan wrote:

In working on the redesign of my shop, I'm planning some sort of outfeed
table. The table bit is obvious enough. I'm trying to think what else
to do with the space.

The saw eats most of my itty bitty shop, and the outfeed area is a
corner that has always been poorly utilized for one reason or another.
I've had all kinds of stuff there over the years, but have never found
an efficient way to use the space.

Here are my suggestion, for what it's worth (2 kanuckistani cents, soon to
be 3 or 4 cents in US pesos).

1. Forget about the shed. Move your WW stuff into the basement room. I'm
sure Keith will be happy to help you with set-up ideas. Think of what
you'll save in heating costs. Betcha you haven't insulated the shed yet.
You can move SWMBO's giant pukey ducks in there

2. Failing 1., Patriarch's idea of a folding outfeed is good. That's what
I have too, on a contractor saw. You'll have to build a one-foot or so
extension on the back of the saw to clear the motor and hinge the outfeed
table off of that.

3. Get rid of one of the wings on the TS and make a router table to fit
there.

4. #3 will prolly make the TS unstable, so ditch the sheet metal stand and
build a cabinet on wheels instead. The portion under the saw itself is a sawdust
trap. The rest (under the router & mebbe under the left wing) is storage for geegaws.

If you want more details, ping me on the back channel (tmKB).

HTH
--

Luigi
replace "nonet" with "yknet" for current real email address