mac davis

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:45:06 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 07:33:33 GMT, Lobby Dosser
wrote:

The two exceptions to this are the 4" angle grinder which can
sometimes be found for as low as $12, and the 7x10" machinist's lathe
which has sold for as little as $250 in the past and gets very good
reviews from folks who seem to know what they are talking about. My
angle grinder takes a licking and keeps on ticking. If it ever stops,
it goes in the trash with few regrets.

LD

I bought their $20 recip saw for a specific weekend chore... and use
the hell out of it now...

My neighbors drop off all their "turnable" wood and some of the stuff
is 6 or 8" in diameter... too big for "loppers" or what ever you call
those long handles sniper thingies, but not enough cuts to be worth
digging out the chain saw..

I use the HF recip with an 8" Milwaukee blade to cut the stuff up and
halve the bigger stuff... figuring that when it dies, it's already
paid for itself...
damn thing just keeps on cutting... not smooth or powerful, but it
gets the job done..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

I use a recip saw (cheap Skil) for the same thing. The 'pruning' blades
seem to do just fine for 'logging' and a whole lot less hassle and
potential hazard than the chain saw.

yep.. besides the safety thing, I have using even the electric chain
saw in the garage.. umm I mean shop...
Also, for the stuff that I'm cutting to turning blanks, a chain saw
has way too wide a kerf... I wouldn't have any blank after the cut..