mac davis

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 03:39:10 GMT, Mike wrote:

Mike... now that you mention it, that's the thing that I found strange
on my Jet mini, but I thought that it was because I'm used to the
shopsmith, which has the switch on the headstock.. (and I'm left
handed)
I have it plugged into a power strip and use that for the switch...
seems funny that they run the wiring from the head stock to the tail
stock, just to put the switch there..
I noticed that the bigger Jet lathes have them on the head stock..

Can't speak about the Jet as I've no experience with one but I've got the
Delta mini and doubt I could be any more pleased with another brand than I am
with the Delta. Its outstanding! Sorry for the paraphrase. Actually I have
used a Jet at club demos, it's ok, but not as easy to use as the Delta, I'm
used to having the power switch up high where I can hit it fast.

I liked the Delta-mini so much I bought the Delta 1440 for my larger work horse.

mike

John DeBoo wrote:
Can't speak about the Delta as I've no experience with one but I've the
Jet mini and doubt I could be any more pleased with another brand than I
am with the Jet. Its outstanding!
Grandpa John

harryc wrote:

I am interested in purchasing a mini-lathe for my basement Jet or
Delta what's your opinion. I have a Jet 1642 in the garage and like it
very much. Larger lathe is in garage and diffcult to work at night
time. I think a small min-lathe will offer the time to turn at night
time in te basement

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing