blueman

"EL" writes:
Got ceramic tile (over plywood) in the kitchen, and I'm replacing the island with a larger one so need to cut some of the
tiles away. Luckily it's all straight cuts!

Question: can this be done with a circular saw (I've got a 7-1/4" Ryobi)? Do I use one of those fiber masonry blades or
something else?

I too need to cut a straight row of tile in-place, but in my case the
ceramic tile is on the wall. The need for cutting the tiles is to
extend the line of cabinets to match the originals which have the tile
cutout.

What is the *best* way:
A. 7-1/4" (cordless) circular saw with diamond blade (preferably
segmented)

B. Special (rental) 4" rotary saw with tile cutting blade

C. Roto zip tool with diamond tile bit

D. Dremel with special attachment (not sure which one but I am sure
Dremel has one