Ian Stirling

Default Nu-Tool codless drill won't hold its charge

T i m wrote:
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:03:01 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:35:58 , PoP wrote:

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 22:08:58 GMT, (Frank) wrote:

I bought a cordles drill from Makro the other week. Brand name:
"Nu-Tool". Admittedly it was cheap (?20, including two hefty
batteries). But I've had other cheap Nu-Tool tools which have been
fine.

I think some of these cheaper drills use NiCad's rather than the more
modern NiMH cells. Have you 'cycled' the batteries Frank?

NiMH cells don't really like fast discharge, so are not the
best choice in all cases.

Probably not .. I know the 3000mA sub 'C' NiMH Sanyo's in my 12th
scale Yokomo MR4TC (4wd model touring car) that go from fresh charge
to flat in a 5 min race do end up quite warm!

How many cycles, before a cell/most cells fail?

Some power tools approach this sort of drain.