The Natural Philosopher

mark wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

wrote:

Stone and concrete are surely the best. Stone is kinda pricey. With
concrete, pay attention to edges and corners, ensure theyre finished
ok.

Wood is fine too, but not as good as crete.

MDF infinitely better than wood, if to be painted. No warps.

NT

Isn't mdf basically a kind of chipboard? I thought that stuff would
warp like a bannana with a bit of moisture?

Or are we talking something else more solid?

MDF once painted is dimensionally stable since it has no grain. It does
shrink and expand a little, but it seems to be uniform - so you may get
a shrinkage crack but never a warp.

Cheers,
Mark.