Tom MacIntyre

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:38:49 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:58:34 -0500, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can I use an old computer for a power supply for my mobile 2 meter 50
watt radio? Will the radio put out the same power as if it was in the
car? It calls for 13.8 volts.

Is the 12 volt output rated at 50 watts, considering the efficiency factor?
I doubt that it is. A radio of that type might need as much as 8 amperes.

What kind of efficiancy would a radio like that have? It may need
considerably more than 50 watts to get 50 for the output.

Tom

Sheez...efficiency...

Tom