Owen Lawrence

"Computer" wrote in message
news
You can try the router table switch from Rockler (watch for wrap):

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...table%20switch

I use it with my 3-1/4 HP router with no problem. There are two cords
attached to the switch, one with a female plug on about a 12" cord and the
other with a male plug on about a 6' cord. Plug the router into the

female
plug and the male plug goes into the wall. The 12" of cord on the female
plug allows you to 'hide' the connection. The only thing the is really
visible on the table would be the start and stop buttons on the switch.

The
is the same switch Norm uses on his Deluxe Router Station. Price is about
$22.

Hmm. That's not bad. It's got the guard around the on switch, too. It
would be good if I can bash it with my knee to turn it off if I have to.
Mounting it looks like it's going to be a bit of a pain, though. I want the
front surface of the switch box to be flush with the front of my cabinet. I
can do it, but it will take longer.

But that Rockler switch comes to $28US + who knows what other border charges
+ Canadian exchange. It's getting out of reach. I'll have to go see about
that industrial switch that Phisherman mentioned. Or make a run to the
surplus outlets (I'm overdue for one anyway.) I'd rather avoid having to
put in an electrical box because it will take longer and won't look as nice.
But beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Good to know there's an upgrade
path if some day I become willing to shell out for it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Owen -

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
I'm not sure about reasonability and Canada but I've just
posted a picture on abpw of my An Ultimate Router Table with
it's $17(ish) (US) An Ultimate Router Table Switch.

If you're talking about magnetic switches by any chance, my experience

up
here is that they cost an arm and a leg. I remember when I was looking

for
one for my Rockwell/Beaver contractor's saw that I'd upgraded with some
Excalibur saw guides and fence. Cheapest price I could find (some 15

years
ago) were running in the $200 range. Of course, that was then and
electronics are quite a bit cheaper now.