jim rozen

Default Resistivity of stainless?

In article , Tim Williams says...

I'm trying to find the resistivity and tempco of stainless (presumably a 304
or so, whatever this 0.02" dia. lockwire is). I need to make some 0.033 ohm
power resistors cheaply and want to know how much they'll change once they
burn about 30W.

The tempco is going to be low. Because it's an alloy, like
most restistance wire (manganin, evenohm, etc) most of the
resistance is due to scattering from the 'impurity' atoms,
not from phonon scattering.

I don't have the number here, but I could look it up at work
in the morning.

Jim

please reply to: