Julie

"John Grabowski" wrote

Julie, Did you try replacing the bulbs?

A-ha. Nope! 'Course that was it, and here I was trying to come up
with a circuits-101 final exam question ;-).

There was a blown fuse on the board, so I'd imagine when that blew, it
must have taken 2 of the bulbs with it. Good thing it didn't take all
3, since it clearly would never have occurred to me to try new bulbs!

Thanks.

JSH, feeling rather dim.

"Julie" wrote

I have a lamp I am trying to fix.

It's a 3-pendant floor lamp, and it came with a slider (dimmer)

box
between the plug and the light. I heard a "pop" the other day,

and
the lights went out. Today I opened up the box, and there was a
circuit board inside. On the board is a slider/resister, a few

other
componenets, and (I think) a transformer attached to a heat sink.

The pendants take 120V bulbs, so I expected I could take out the
dimmer board - cap the wires together (2 #14s), and revert to a

normal
lamp. So I did that, and ...

only one of the three pendants lights up. Eh?

Trying to remember assembling the lamp - I'm pretty sure it was

wired
straight through - ie, no switches or junctions inside the

fixture, at
least that were accessible to me.

Any ideas?

JSH