Colin Green

Chris Hodges wrote:
Colin Green wrote:
I know this is a nit of a duplicate but I've just put in an ikea
kitchen, so it might help:

Units are 70cm high. Adjustable plastic legs are 16 cm high (preset).
Plinth is 16cm high (and you'll want plinth if you use the plastic legs).

Ok thanks everyone for the feedback, 70cm (or thereabouts) was the
answer I was hoping for.

I see no reason not to put the cupboards up to the ceiling. I
considered but rejected doing that on the grounds of wanting to reach
the contents. You have some (+/- approx 1/2 cm) vertical adjust on the
doors with the current hinges, which will allow you to make the door
just not touch the ceiling.

I think I'll go right up to the ceiling rather than leaving a large gap.
Currently I have a load of stuff sitting atop of the cupbaords and it
looks messy. I really need the storage space though so I think this is
the neat/tidy option, even if it is awkward for the height impaired

A word of warning though - cover panels for the 92cm cupboards are a
stupid length - they seem to assume you will fit decor strip across the
front between cover panel on both sides.

Sorry I'm new to this - which bit is the cover panel?

Also for a large wall unit I added extra fixings (holding the top to the
wall).

Understood.

Regards,

Colin