T i m

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:51:19 GMT, T i m wrote:

So,

I took the motor out of the AEG washing machine and left it on the
kitchen worktop overnight in the warm / dry. This morning I took it
to my mates garage re-measured the stator to ground resistance with my
DMM and got 45K ohms.

I put my mates high pressure air line over it and blew out quite a bit
of black dust (belt rubber + brush carbon).

I re measured and found infinity (on the 20M range) ?

Now, it's a fairly easy job to put back / test and I might do that in
a min.

And I did .. and so far it's done a quick wash then a hight temp wash
(after I'd cleared some of the gunge out from round the door seal) and
so far it's ok .. fingers crossed ;-)

If it holds up for a week or two I might treat it to a new pair of
brushes and a belt .. ;-)

All the best ..

T i m