James Sweet

"datest" wrote in message
Hello,
I was troubleshooting a bright blue picture with retrace lines.
I opened up the back, and I noticed that if I put a very slight
pressure on a vertical board (using a wooden stick,),
the problem corrected itself.

This board, the Y/C Jungle, is shielded, being inside a metal
frame. To get the board out, you have to remove the shield
first.

I've put the Y/c jungle back in after soldering all internal
connections, and the main IC on that board. TV is now working.

By the way, what's the purpose of the shield?
During my testing I left it out and the picture seemed fine.
TV is a 1992 Sony KV-27xbr35.
regards,
Dave

The shield may be there to prevent the TV from interfering with other
equipment, it's also possible that in some situations it would make a
difference in performance.