NSM

"R" wrote in message
. 1...

| GE Appliances don't have the longevity they once had. For about 40 years
| their washing machines were easy to fix and reliable. Now they aren't as
| good. My parents had a 1956 washer that lasted until they died in 1990.
| The pump was replaced a few times, the fill valve a once or twice, but it
| just kept running. We threw it out because no one wanted it, not because
| it didn't work. That same basic design was used from at least 1956 until
| 1994.

Never throw out working things. Try http://freecycle.org/ first.

"The worldwide Freecycle™ Network is made up of many individual groups
across the globe. It's a grassroots movement of people who are giving (&
getting) stuff for free in their own towns. Each local group is run by a
local volunteer moderator (them's good people). ...

One main rule: Everything posted must be free, legal, and appropriate for
all ages. ... "