Phisherman

I bought an industrial wall switch (at Home Depot) for my router table
for less than $5. It controls a 3.25HP router. No problems.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:48:48 -0500, "Owen Lawrence"
wrote:

I'm getting to the point where the router table I'm building can
actually be used as a router table. I've got a Freud FT2000 to hang under
it, so I'm not expecting to be able to run a shop vac on the same circuit at
the same time, if you know what I mean.

I'm wondering if any of you can recommend a switch for this guy. I
looked at the one at Busy Bee Tools but can't say I really like it. For $18
it seemed kind of cheap. And ugly. I want an emergency stop button, but I
don't want to have to have the router plugged in to the front of it. That
is, I just want the switch to show. I'll unplug the router from inside the
cabinet. It's got to be able to handle the 15Amps the router will draw (is
it 18A on startup?).

I hope I'm making sense enough. Or maybe I'm going about this the wrong
way. Can you give me the benefit of your experience, and maybe point me to
a reasonable product I can get without too much trouble in Canada? Thanks.

- Owen -