Charlie Bress

"frank1492" wrote in message
Thanks all for your kind advice. As to the reverse thread,
I knew that was a possibility, but I can see threads so know it's
RH. Plus I have a new original parts bolt ready to go.
As for heating the motor shaft, I know that's the way
to go, but the visible part is very short and I feel I would
be heating other stuff that I didn't want to, especially to
get it hot enough to do any good. Guess I'm just a wimp..
As for heating the bolt itself (feel comfortable doing that),
why wouldn't that do SOME good? I'd reason that the bolt
would expand initially and compress the crap (rust from the
motor shaft), then after cooling the crap might not cause
it to bind as much. Myth or reality?
I will mull over everything you've all said. But when all
is said and done, looks like I will be putting my old Atlas
metal lathe to work!
Will keep y'all posted. Thanks again!
Frank

If you can't get heat to the shaft, try holding an ice cube to the head of
the bolt.
That might give you enough shrinkage.
Another approach is to rap the head the head of the bolt sharply with a
light hammer to free up any internal crap in the hole.
And of course there are various lubricants designed to seep in and loosen
tight fittings.
And finally as I type this the thought comes to mind that there may be
something like Loctite to keep the bolt from backing out. If that is the
case heat will loosen it.

Charlie