Rich wrote:

What you can't seem to understand is that your formulaes mean nothing
if they don't result in the same outcome as occurs in the real world.

I'm not aware that anyone's tried this yet. Seems easy enough.
Why don't you?

This is done to some extent all over the southwest. They sell those
portable coolers everywhere as they are often used to cool one room. A
family member had one for a while. It was worthless when sitting in the
middle of the room. They would exhaust air with a fan but the cooling was
minimal. Finally they devised a way to mount it by a window so they could
use only dry outside air. Even then it was good for only a few feet near
the cooler.

There are many ways to do something badly :-) I suspect a lot more
insulation and airtightness and more precise controls would help a lot.

Another problem is the intensity of the sun. Just a few years ago I was
in Maryland during the hottest part of the day. I noted that my
car air conditioner worked better there than it did in the Southwest. The
difference being that the suns rays were so much more intense in the SW. I
was doing something in the sun so I moved into the shade. It did not make
any difference. The surface and interior of the car stayed much cooler
there than in the SW. I have had tires rot from the heat before they wore
out.

In the SW the sun is so intense you can burn in a few minutes (Thus Cowboys
with their wide brimmed hats and long sleeves). In the SW it can be like an
inferno in the sun but quite comfortable in the shade.

We seem to have shifted from engineering to poetry.

Nick