The Natural Philosopher

mark wrote:

Hi
I'm about to get the windows replaced in my flat. The old window
sills are some sort of horrible red colour ceramic tiles.

Just wondering whether I should replace with the same kind of
material or is there something better for window sills?

Cheers,
Mark.

I assume inside the house?

Wood, natural stone, tiles - it all works.

Depends on what its for. Decorative - use natural wood, but beware water
stains from vases and flower pots etc.

In bathrooms etc I lean torwads tiles - often over a ply base to get an
overhang..

IUve eben used melamine cip, glued down with bidy fller. Good and
practical, if ugly.

Worst of all worlds is painted softwood. Always warps :-)