The Natural Philosopher

Anna Kettle wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:13:22 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

What might be very simple and totally possible is to trench down a
couple of meters about a foot from the footings, and fill that with
concrete. That would cut the roots there, and stop any further
penetration to the footings area. I believe willow roots are pretty
shallow.

Roots are pretty persistant and can get through concrete so I wouldn't
leap into doing this without more research. Maybe a plastic board
would stop the roots better

Roots cannot get through uncracked concrete. But I take your point.

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England
|""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs
/ ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc
|____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642