The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

. ..

Most sheds now do not stick LV downlighters, or reduced stock, all is going
over to mains. The cost of lamps is dropping.

They still blow too quickly, and that is an argument for not using teh
sheds.
Honestly, who ever would do a building project buying from sheds?

I hardly have had to replace any LV bulbs at all.

three of mine (35mm 20w) have gone in the past week. It is cheaper to buy a
whole 3 piece light fitting with Xformer, etc than buy three lamps.

Thats because you shop at teh sheds.

I am geting 50W 12v units at 74p each.

If you had installed more insulation and made the place air tight a full
heating system would not be required. You have identified those problems.

I am not allowed to make it air tight. I am arguing with the inspector
about how much trickle ventilation it needs.

I agree, the current regulations do not go as far in terms of insulation
as one could go with reasonable retun on investment over a sensible period.