Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
mark writes:
Hi
I'm about to get the windows replaced in my flat. The old window
sills are some sort of horrible red colour ceramic tiles.

Just wondering whether I should replace with the same kind of
material or is there something better for window sills?

When I had my windows replaced, I hadn't decided what to do with
the window sills, so I just plastered them with the rest of the
window surround until I made my mind up. Of course, they've been
like that ever since;-) and it's a solid enough foundation to lay
pretty much any finish onto when I finally get round to it.

In the kitchen and bathroom where I laid ceramic floor tiles, I
intend to use the same tiles on the window sills. If you have a
timber floor anywhere, I would imagine using the same timber on
the sills would also match it well. Probably not a good idea in
the case of a shagpile carpet though...

--
Andrew Gabriel