Bruce L. Bergman

On 17 Jan 2005 05:17:18 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas what a used ultrasonic welder would be
useful for? At work we have one that is being disposed of. Always a
scrounger I have an interest, but I don't know enough about the thing
to know if it is useful in it's current state or has any "
cool" hardware worth scrapping out of it.

Depends where it is, and how much they want much for it - or "just
get it out of here so we don't have to pay someone to disconnect and
haul it away". But I'll bet it's worth more in complete and operable
condition than it ever will be as parts.

I like equipment recycling. Just have to find the right person who
can make good use of it.

It would be useful for upholstery shops, for duplicating the ribs
and tucks in Naugahyde seat covers or making duplicate door panels.
Repairing and making samples of plastic sheet goods - weld tarps into
custom covers for any outdoor equipment you can name, weld strips of
that big 'bubble wrap' into thermal swimming pool covers...

-- Bruce --

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545