Spehro Pefhany

On 17 Jan 2005 05:17:18 -0800, the renowned wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas what a used ultrasonic welder would be
useful for? At work we have one that is being disposed of. Always a
scrounger I have an interest, but I don't know enough about the thing
to know if it is useful in it's current state or has any "
cool" hardware worth scrapping out of it.

Any ideas?

JW

If it's the kind I'm familiar with, it's used for welding plastic
together. It's got a high power ultrasonic source, a transducer, and a
method of transferring the energy into the part where it is needed.
One example use would be joining the halves of AC adapter housings
together. Branson is one manufacturer. It might be fun to fiddle with
it (it would be for me), but I can't think of many uses outside of a
production environment.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany