Uncle Lucky

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:08:16 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Uncle Lucky writes:

NC is a CC state but it is unlawful to make a citizens arrest.
Legally you cannot hold a person against their will here no matter the
circumstances.

Bunk.

http://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislat...ction/Chapter_

15A/GS_15A-404.html

Cool..I was wondering about that. Id never heard of a state that
didnt have Citizens Arrest.

Just be aware that you CAN be charged with false arrest in some cases
if you are wrong.

In California, a police officer is Required to take custody of an
actor who has been placed under citizens arrest and in some cases,
will have the victim actually place the perp under arrest so he can
take them. Spousal abuse is one occasionally used this way.
A further note..a police officer (here) who refuses to take custody,
will be tried and convicted of a felony for refusal. On the other
hand....if he takes custody of a person falsely arrested, he is not
liable for any criminal or civil charges/suits.

Gunner

I stand corrected! Perhaps the law was changed since I took the CC course?
This IS a revelation and I appreciate the feedback.
Sorry for posting erroneous information.
Health & Peace,
Lance