Himanshu

Jeff Bulach wrote:

I have just moved into a 50-year-old house, that requires a lot of
repair. My first challenge is the hardwood floors. They are totally
dried out and have been murdered by nails and staples.

Is there anything I can do, short of replacing them to restore some of
their original luster?

Join the club. In a 45 year-old house I got the floors refinished at
US$ 2.15/sq. ft approx. Best thing I've done for the house so far...I
got compliments even from delivery drivers. Cost included three coats
of oil-based poly. Took a while to get the job done, but it is great!
Only the deepest, most stubborn pet-urine stains from the previous owner
did not come off completely, all the rest looks like new.

--
Himanshu