Colbyt

"CSA722" wrote in message
I'm looking at replacing my gas furnace this coming summer. It is an

original
installation, 1962 vintage. What percentage energy savings can I

reasonably
expect to see?

Charles

Maybe Turtle or one of the HVAC guys will give you a pro's opinion.

I would guess that a 1962 furnace started out at 55-60% efficiency. May not
be working that well now.

Modern bottom of the lines get 80%. You can buy 92+%.

So with an 80% model I would figure a 20% savings. You might get more but
this is conservative.

Now if you have central air those numbers will really blow you away. You can
expect up to 100+% improvement in operating cost over a 1962 model.

Colbyt