Heathcliff

Jeff Bulach wrote:
Hi,

I have just moved into a 50-year-old house, that requires a lot of

repair. My first challenge is the hardwood floors. They are totally
dried out and have been murdered by nails and staples.

Is there anything I can do, short of replacing them to restore some

of their original luster?

Any help will be appreciated.

Jeff.

You might want to consider the order in which you do your repairs:
people often do the floors last, after the earlier repairs have
splattered paint, plaster, solder, etc. all over them.

Most hardwood floors can be refinished to look pretty darn good, even
if they do have rows of staple holes, etc. -- it won't look like a new
floor, but it will look like a nice quality wood floor with some
character.