Leo Van Der Loo

Hi Guy

I have 3/8" plywood as inside walls in my workshop, they are but
together, and that's just fine, make sure you have some extra electrical
outlets and like George said have some horizontal bracing in so you are
able to hang/attach some stuff to your wall when necessary.
As for the painting, mine is only sealed and left wood grain, if you
want to paint, high gloss is the strongest paint, and easiest to clean
and keep clean if needed.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

wrote:

Hello, I am finishing up my shop walls tommorrow and I plan on using
3/8 inch plywood (already on hand). Do I but them up on each other or
should I leave some space between sheets for expansion? I'm not sure
how much plywood expands/contracts but I'm thinking that since I am
screwing the ply to studs spacing shouldn't matter since the screws
will inhibit movement anyhow. My ceilings are 8 feet and change so I
plan on using them vertically and trimming the edges so I can center
the edges on studs. Insulation is already up and I have the ceiling in
( 1/4 inch ply). Once all is in I am painting the whole thing white.
Any opinions, comments? Thanks in advance, Guy