Ken Moon

"Michael Lehmann" wrote in message
I have these green Black wattle logs that I have just sawn into rough bowl
shapes and am in the process of turning into bowls with 15mm thick sides.
I occurred to me after I turned the inside of the bowl out that I wont be
able to finish the bottom of a bowl.
Also should I leave the blanks to dry first or rough them down?
Mick Lehmann

Michael,
Just a quick safety note. Black Wattle is known to be noxious to some
people. You may want to test for skin sensitivity before you start turning
it. Be sure to wear long sleeves and use good dust collection. There was a
recent thread about the problems with Black Wattle on the this NG. Google
it, and see the problems others have had with it. Good luck with it.

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX