Gunner

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 05:46:36 GMT, wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:32:08 -0700, Dirk Gently
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:57:51 GMT, Gunner wrote:
Cool..I was wondering about that. Id never heard of a state that
didnt have Citizens Arrest.

Just be aware that you CAN be charged with false arrest in some cases
if you are wrong.

Here in AZ you can make a citizen's arrest but the laws are so screwed up that
you'll probably end up in jail and sued yourself, not matter how right you were.
It's best if only one side is talking when the cops show up.

Better yet if you just point a gun at the guy and tell him to stay put
until the cops arrive. Don't call it a citizen's arrest.

Most courts have held that ANY forceable detention of this type is a
Citizens Arrest by its very nature.

Or unlawful detention/kidnapping if you are wrong.

Gunner

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke