hylourgos

Default Yet another possible TS gear lube

Saw some of the earlier posts and thought of yet another possible lube
for the gears of TSs. The best one I saw in that thread was paste wax
with dry graphite mixed in.

I ran across a lubricant for pulling electrical wires, called,
surprisingly, "Wire-pulling Lubricant". There are various types, the
one I got is wax based. I guess you could still add some dry graphite
if you wanted.

Anyone have experience with this lube or think it might work well? It's
cheap (about $6 per quart), and seems ideal for the application.

H.